Our Digital Leaders
Our Digital Leaders programme aims to support children to develop confidence and leadership skills by acting as digital ambassadors and peer mentors for staff and pupils alike.
Helping with technical issues throughout the school, to enable things to run smoothly is only one of the many responsibilities our Digital Leaders Chloe E and Aarav have.
Other responsibilities include:
- Support staff and other pupils with the use and set up of digital technology.
- Model safe and responsible use of technology and share digital knowledge/skills with other pupils at Dundonald.
- Educating peers about staying safe online and promoting online safety overall.
- Supporting school's participation in Safer Internet Day (e.g. assembly).
- Trial and evaluate new software, equipment and resources as required.
- Identify opportunities and overcome challenges with ICT.
- Help shape the use of technology within school.
- Develop a growth mindset and develop their own skills.
This year, we (a group of 8 children from Year 5 and Year 6) received the exciting offer to attend the national Safer Internet Day 2019 at the BT Centre/London. We had to complete a project on online safety whilst using and explaining technical jargon which was hard, yet amazing. We were even interviewed for the 6 o'clock BBC National News.
Because we were not in school on the actual Safer Internet Day, we ran the online safety assemblies for Lower and Upper school the day before. These included a quiz and (in Lower School's case) a story about two aliens.
So far, being a Digital Leader has been a dream come true!
Chloe E & Aarav